Wow! March got here so fast! It’s hard to believe that we are getting ready for spring already. Spring brings a lot of great, new and exciting things for the life of our church, but none so great or exciting as the opportunity to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ during our Easter celebration! We have several things going on in the month of March that we would love to make you aware of:
- First, small group ministry starts March 6! Our evening services will be small-group focused, and we are very excited about that! If you would like to be part of a small group, let me know and I will get you connected!
- Thursday night, March 3rd is our North American Missions Banquet. Dr. Travis Kerns will be our guest speaker that night. We will have a spaghetti supper that will be $10 per plate, or $25 per family. Please come join us as we learn about what God is doing in Utah!
- March 13 we will start a new Sunday School series in our Discovery class called “the meaning of marriage.” Come join us as we learn a bit more about how God views marriage, and we walk through how that informs the way we view and do marriage! Sunday mornings at 10 AM in the sanctuary!
- March 19th will be our community egg hunt! We will be hosting an egg hunt at Slater Hall! Over 1000 eggs will be hidden, so come join us as we enjoy family time together!
- Easter weekend will have a number of activities! They are as follows:
- Thursday night, March 24th, 7 PM – Maundy Thursday service. Come join us as we observe the Lord’s Supper together.
- Friday night, March 25th, 7 PM – Good Friday Celebration of the Cross – come join us as we sing together Cross-Centered songs!
- Sunday Morning, March 27th , 8 AM– Easter Sunrise service. We will stand under the crosses in the parking lot and marvel in the glorious truth of the resurrection.
- Sunday Morning, March 27th, 10:30 AM – Sunday Morning Easter Celebration! We will have both choir and worship team leading us in worship, testimonies from people whose lives have been transformed this year by the Gospel, and a message on the essential nature of the resurrection
- New Sermon Series: March 13th begins a new series entitled “Let Me Tell you a Story: Parables from the Gospel of Mark.” Come and hear how Jesus describes the kingdom of God using stories that were familiar!
There is so much to be a part of here. Our youth ministry is in full swing, we have a full schedule of children’s and preschool activities, and many other opportunities as well! God is doing magnificent things at Slater Baptist. Come and see!